Friday, June 15, 2012

An Open Letter to Elizabeth May on Bill C-38

Dear Elizabeth May,

I have followed the progress of the draconian bill C-38 with it's attacks on First Nations, the environment, national parks and Canada's most vulnerable with interest and horror over these past months. You have done a tremendous service in bringing this bill and it's contents to the attention of the Canadian public and I want to send you my most sincere appreciation for your incredible efforts.

I have been appalled to observe the way that PM Harper and Finance Minister Flaherty have used deception and manipulation to push this brutal agenda onto the Canadian people. As I watched their performance in the house of Commons and in media interviews over the past few days, I am hopeful that even the 40% of Canadian voters who supported them will now realize the true nature of these sad and power hungry men.

While this Conservatives have clearly won a victory in passing this bill, I believe they have fundamentally damaged Canada, which has been a nation built on a great compromise. They will have their legacy and you will have yours.

Thanks again Elizabeth for all your have done in your efforts to preserve this once great nation.

Sincerely,

Keith Hirsche
1161 Chapman Road,
Cobble Hill, BC
V0R 1L7

PS. I heard Mr. Flaherty comment to the media that he has not received a single letter from a Canadian citizen who opposes bill C-38. I have copied him on this email so he can have one more letter from a Canadian citizen to deny and ignore.

cc: PM Stephen Harper
Finance Minister Joe Flaherty
MP Jean Crowder

No comments: