Monday, April 27, 2009

Building Peace in Independence


What a difference a plane makes! Earlier this month, it took two full days of driving across endless prairie, punctuated by several mountain passes. Today it took about 12 hours - 4 hours by car, boat and bus to get to the Vancouver airport and the rest in two flight segments. Vancouver to Denver followed by Denver to Kansas City. Of course, this time includes several hours waiting around in airports.

Nevertheless, I am safely back in Independence. Tomorrow I will start an intensive 2 day course on inter-personal peace building. Otherwise known as conflict resolution.

Sounds like a tall order. Most days I am in need of intra-personal peace building!

And then there is our family...........

Whatever I learn in the course, I should have plenty of chances to practice once I get back home!

No comments: